Fish can be cunning and the best way to get them is to pounce on them when they least expect. But if you just use your normal old methods of fishing, things will get a bit harder for you. Never assume that fish don’t sense, they always sense danger and even know when they are about to be fished, hence run or dodge away. But the importance of fish finder is that they are going to let you be in control. You only stay still and cool and fish will just come right where you are. Or, you can see them coming and lay that trap that they never expected. Why not try our Top 10 Best Marine GPS Units & Chartplotters that you can get.
1. HawkEye Fishtrax 1C Fish Finder
If you are an angler, I know you are looking for either a fish finder that is affordable or one that is easy to use. but that is never the case with this item. It has both the two features, affordability and also ease of use. it has been made with a new LCD screen that is able to depict sonar data in a series of icons. That means that you will get valuable fishing data so that you are able to read fish paths, how they are moving and their hideout.
- It has been fitted with an audible fish alarm that will give alerts of the nearness of the fish. The alarms will give you hopes of continuing to fish without having to watch your fish all the time
- Has three operating modes which will help you be able to catch more fish.
- Operates with 2 frequencies so that you are able to fine tune the sonar readings when you are operating in deep or shallow waters
- Cold waters of iced water might interfere with its operations
2. Garmin 010-01809-00 Striker 7SV with transducer
This is a system that has been designed with a clearer view so that you are able to see what is in water and around your boat. It has been made better when you compare with others. You will get a smart interface with keyed interface with buttons that are there to assist you maneuver around. With the way point map installed in this device, you can now easily point to or even navigate to places that you need to go.
- Has been made with a flasher that will give you an ability to view your sonar data especially when you are fishing in ice water.
- You can mark your fishing spot and come back to it the next day.
- You can view your bottom topography
- It is easy to navigate through the screen
- The screen unit can freeze at some time.
3. Humminbird 410210-1 HELIX 5 CHIRP GPS G2 Fish finder
When you are an angler, I know you always intend to be the best and in fact, the one that is in command. This is the only system that has been made to get the user to be in control. It has been made to have two display modes. That means that you can be able to adjust to your fishing conditions when you are on the fly. With the push of a button, you are going to have a great item that can be able to give you more, like, the depth, turbulence and also temperature.
- It is clear in water to give you better pictures to view
- The GPS is precision and will provide you with fast position fixes
- You get less time to find spots and get to fish with ease
- You can also create your fishing spots and come back to them without any difficulty.
- It cannot be able to give you better readings beyond 2500 feet.
4. Garmin 010-01872-00 Striker Plus 5Cv
It is a system that has been built with a GPS that will let you mark all your way points. The better part is that you can have your routes and even save them. when you need to use them, or go back to your hot spots, the fish finder will just lead the way. That seems something crazy but its real. A system that has been made with engineers so that you enjoy fishing.
- It has a display that is bright and can be read at whatever time
- The backlit installed in it makes viewing it easier.
- Has a large LCD screen that will ensure you get clear images
- Has a rugged design that is good to be used in any environment that you want to fish
- Might not work well in ice cols regions
5. Garmin 010-01870-00 Striker Plus 4
Are you aware that this item has the ability to store up to 2 million acres of content? That is vital to you as a user so that you are able to get to use your routes and fish location places when you need them. With its internal GPS system, you are now safe to move around with ease, getting to know where fish are hiding and fish them out without them knowing.
- It shows your boats speed as it moves along
- Has the ability of seeing through 12 inches of ice so that you can determine sea bed with ease
- It has enough light to enable you do setups even in daylight.
- It uses power even when it is in the off state, meaning that you need to disconnect from the battery when not in use.
6. Garmin 010-01871-00 Striker Plus
Now, don’t even look for fish finder, you need to get a fish catcher. This system will pin point all the hiding places of fish so that you just take them out and go home. That is why it is fish catcher. It has been made with better features that will make it an easy to use item. Saves on battery use so that you are able to use it for longer.
- The screen is large enough for your viewing
- It is also easy to set up
- You can see on it even when the sun is shining on it directly.
- It is not expensive, for anglers, this is way better for you.
- Instructions might be a bit confusing to follow
7. Lowrance 000-12636-001 Hook-3X DSI Sonar
The LED-backlit color display makes the device great for fishing at night. You will be able to see information displayed on the screen even during sunlight. The wide viewing angles will meet your needs. Dual frequency of 455 or 800 kHz operation will let you miss nothing while fishing. The dedicated quick keys are easy to use. The pages button user will let you switch the sonar frequency options.
- Dual frequency to let you miss nothing while fishing
- Wide viewing angles makes fishing fun and the angles can be adjusted easily
- LED-backlit color display is great for night fishing
- It is pricey
- It might not be able to maintain the depth reading
8. Garmin 010-01874-00 Striker Plus 7SV
The built-in WI-Fi of this device means you can get quick access to ActiveCaptain app. You will be getting smart notifications, transfer waypoints, get software update notifications and more. The bright seven inch display will make your reading time easy. The Garmin CHIRP traditional sonar will give you crystal-clear images. The remarkable target separation will let you to know what passes below your boat.
- Built-in Wi-Fi will let you pair easily with the ActiveCaptain and get smart notifications and more
- The menu is very simple and beginners will make fishing as their favorite job
- Large screen which is bright will let you fish even during the night
- Quickdraw feature makes fishing something cool since you’ll get workout mapping
- Maps are not preloaded
9. Simrad GO7 XSE Chartplotter/Fishfinder w/TotalScan
The multi-touch display is easy to use just like your Smartphone. You will also like the interface which is fully customizable and this will easily suit your vessel. The device is versatile and you can use it from power boating, water sports and fishing. The split-screen views are also adjustable and you can see everything you need to make fishing more productive. The tripintel technology makes this device great for power boaters.
- It is capable of pre-loading the maps easily
- Its touch screen is very responsive
- Transducer mount is great and you can mount it onto your boat and enjoy hands-free operation
- Setup is simple, you just follow the step by step instruction on the screen
- If you go fast and then slow down, it might take few minutes for your device to locate bottom and depth again
10. Garmin 010-01873-00 Striker Plus 7Cv with Cv20-TM
Get this fish finder which comes with transducer to let you fish like a pro. The built-in Garmin quickdraw will let your device create and store maps. One more thing you’ll like about this device is that it has built-in GPS that you can mark waypoints and create routes. When you get lost, your GPS will direct your way to home. Built-in Wi-Fi will enable anglers to access to ActiveCaptain app and receive smart notifications and other updates.
- Built-in Wi-Fi is great to effortless access to ActiveCaptain app
- Built-in GPS will let you to mark waypoints and create routes
- The large screen is readable even during bright sunlight day
- Intuitive user interface is great tool for all anglers
- It is pricey
Don’t let fish be out there playing with you hide and seek, find them from their hiding places with ease. These systems that you have seen have been made to ensure your comfort. They will show you where fish is, the temperature of water, and even locate your paths you always use to go fishing. Make your choice today from the best fish finders that we have for you.